onsdag 3 mars 2010

Exploder (last verse + chorus)

/john

Below, I've pasted the last verse and chorus of the Audioslave song "Exploder". It reminds me of the theme of the movie Spartacus, painting a picture of the power of a free mind.

How many times in my lifetime have I not fought myself, perhaps even "killing" who I really was or wanted to be, to the benefit of becoming the "me" invented by those around me? How often have I succumbed to the expectations of others, just because of my appearance?

To be free is - to me - to be able to see through the walls that surround you, to hold your head high and to have no fear.



There was a man who had a face
That looked alot like me
I saw him in the mirror and
I fought him in the street
And when he turned away
I shot him in the head
Then I came to realize
I had killed myself

(chorus)
If you're free you'll never see the walls
If your head is clear you'll never free fall
If you're right you'll never fear the wrong
If your head is high you'll never fear at all.. http://chum.ly/n/9adfb .

0 kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar